Please carefully read the following guidelines on how to take care of your I.Ma.Gi.N Jewels, so that they will always look as new as when you first bought them.
Jewels are meant to be worn as much as possible. However, in the following cases it is advised to remove them in order to avoid damaging them unnecessarily:
- when doing manual tasks, especially when chemicals or cleaning fluids are involved.
- when applying make-up and other cosmetics such as hairspray, perfumes and/or lotions. As these products often contain chemicals which risk damaging your favorite jewels, it is best to put on your jewelry afterwards.
- when bathing, showering or spending time in swimming pools and spas. Soap and chlorinated water can react with the materials found in jewelry, causing discoloration.
- when performing sports. Solid equipment and heavy impacts are likely to cause damage to your jewelry.
Done the right way, cleaning your jewelry from time to time can significantly improve your its life expectancy.
However, when you decide to do so, make sure you:
- Use dedicated jewelry cleaning products and a jewelry polishing cloth. Regular soap can cause a film to form around the jewel, making it look dull, and anything other than a special jewelry polishing cloth may cause scratches.
- Clean your jewelry with warm water rather than hot water.
When it comes to storing jewelry, the right place can also make a big difference on the life expectancy of your jewelry. It is recommended that you store your jewelry in a safe and dry place, away from direct (sun) light.
Questions & Advice
Should you have any questions with regard to wearing, cleaning or storing your jewelry, feel free to contact us via the dedicated Contact Us page on our website. We will do our best to reply to your questions as soon as possible.